Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Extra Credit: Blog Layout Rearrangement

This is actually the second time I have re-adjusted my blog, so I will be addressing both of the rearrangements. The first time I changed the layout of my blog, it was because the text was hard to see. It had a busy background with white text. It was both hard to see, and it was visually unappealing. After reading the "Norton Field Guide to Writing" on media design, I decided to change the color scheme a little bit. Instead of blue, it is now green because it blends more with the header. The changes I made also agree with Norton's advice on using "color and contrast carefully" (585). Since I do not have training in web design, I decided to use one of the templates provided to me from the blogger. After considering my rhetorical situation, I realized that I should change my font to something that is both visually appealing and respectful. In order to achieve this, I changed my text font to Calibri and my header font to Times New Roman. I also re-organized the placement of my profile info and my archives. Instead of putting on top of each other, I decided to place one on the left and one on the right, making it easier to navigate and see without scrolling. Having my blog posts full on center also puts more focus onto my texts, which fits my purpose. As a result of all my changes, the blog is easy to read, the text is both respectful and visually appealing, and the blog is easy to navigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment